Saturday, March 2, 2013

Personal response to the reading

So far I have read 3 chapter and read over the three men's lives and I can truthfully say that I have enjoyed the story so far. I mean the way the three have grown up, all the hardships they have been through adds up to an intresting story. I like how the three stories show different lifestyles of black families, like how Sam had a single parent who was a hard working mother. It sinks up with my life and probably many others could say that many things Sam had to do was just like their lives. Rameck life sadden me when I read how his mother was addicted to drugs but found some happiness in the fact that when he lived with his grandmother, he had some happy moments. Georage's life is the only one I can seem to relate to, I can say my mother never had a drug problem but many women in my family have. I can't really realate to him due to his many brothers and sisters, and the fact that my mother had a education and has always been very smart as long as I can remember. The chapters I have read really make me look forward to reading more of The Pact.

No comments:

Post a Comment