Saturday, March 2, 2013

Summary of this week's reading

George, Sam, and Rameck all had it tough at one point, in there life. From George's mother working hard to keep them out of the projects, Sam's father leaving his mother and them and the trouble that came with it due to his mother's lack of education, to Rameck's mother and her addictions. But as I read I saw that there were good times too, the story seem to go at a mixed pace to tell the truth. At one moment I could be reading about how Remeck had a mother addicted to drugs, and them how he lived with his grandmother and had a happy time for a while. In the story I saw many examples of black families at that time and saw some of my self in the stories I read, like how Greorge had to wake up early so his mother could take him to Miss Willie's so he could stay there while she worked. I myself had to do the same thing when I was little. So far I have read 3 chapters and Ican say I look forward to reading more.

No comments:

Post a Comment